Justine Leconte - Jobs
Note: even if there is no job opening at the moment, you can always send a spontaneous application including CV and cover letter to info (at) justineleconte.com
And we will be in touch soon!
Camera / Cutter / Video-maker – Freelance Student – 3 months – Start: asap
Justine Leconte is a fashion designer. She runs her womenswear fashion label, based in Berlin, and her new collection will launch in a few months. The development process has started and needs to be documented.
In parallel, Justine has an English-speaking YouTube channel talking about fashion (240K subscribers) for which she creates 2 videos per week.
Justine is looking for an all-rounder to support her in the filming, cutting & editing of the videos.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for the set & the filming.
- Light, sound, cameras & further equipment are provided.
- You will cut and edit the footage into YouTube videos, with Justine and/or alone depending on the concept of each video.
- You will create visual content as you go (making-of photos, street scenes, portraits, etc.) for Justine’s other social channels.
- Filming takes place (depending on the topic) at Justine’s office, at the YouTube Space Berlin and at other indoor/outdoor locations. The editing/cutting can be done at the YouTube Space or anywhere else you like.
What is in it for you?
- Location: Berlin & remote.
- Freelance with a minimum numbers of hours per week (approx. 2 full days per week, to be confirmed).
- Duration: 3 months (extension of the agreement is not excluded).
- Daily rate (communicated upon applying), payments are invoice-based.
- You will get to use various types of equipment incl. Sony A7S II, Canon 5D IV, Go Pro, 360° camera, etc.
- You will get the help, expertise & equipment of the YouTube Space team and film in their studios in Berlin.
- You will be able to bring in & execute your ideas to create great content.
Examples of video projects coming up: 1mn. teaser video for the channel, brand video that will be used in PR and on the website, DIY tutorials, documentary series on the creative development of a collection, etc.
What are your qualifications/skills?
- You study something related to multimedia / filming. No completed degree required.
- You know how to use a camera. You are comfortable trying things out with a camera, filming and playing around with lighting and sound.
- You have gathered some experience with editing programs like Première and After Effects.
- You are interested in fashion and lifestyle topics.
- You are an active YouTube user and you know a few YouTube channels who do a good job creatively.
- You are comfortable dealing with content in English.
- Bonus point: you have made YouTube videos before, or you have your own YouTube channel.
How to apply?
1. CV with previous experiences that are relevant for this job.
2. Portfolio or links to videos that you have created and that show your style.
3. No cover letter. Instead, please answer those 3 questions:
- What are your favourite YouTube channels and why (examples from the fashion/lifestyle/beauty industry are welcome)?
- Can you name a video that went viral and that you find creatively interesting (on YouTube or on any other platform)?
- Suggest 1 video topic for Justine’s channel.
Send your application to: info (at) justineleconte.com
Looking forward to meeting you!